Miyagi is a Japanese prefecture north of Tokyo just 90 minutes by train. Having a mild climate makes it a comfortable place to visit. Matsushima is a group of islands in Miyagi and is ranked as one of the Three Views of Japan. Around its largest and capital city – Sendai is dominated by the manufacturing industries particularly electronics, appliances and food processing. The remains of Sendai Castle also stand on a hill above the city. One of their famous events is the Sendai Pageant of Starlight in December.
This seminar will present the advantages of Miyagi Prefecture for foreign-affiliated companies who are interested in establishing a presence or investing in Miyagi. It is hosted by the International Affairs Division, Miyagi Prefectural Government.
The seminar, which will be on December 20, 2018, will be opened by the Yoshihiro Murai, the governor of Miyagi. It will then be followed by four presentations, delivered by speakers from Miyagi’s prefectural government, Philips Japan, and Tohoku University.
Finally, attendees would be able to interact further with each other through a networking session.
- Deadline for application: Friday, December 14, 2018
- Admission fee: free
- Language: Japanese and English with simultaneous translation
- Seating Available: 80 persons (pre-registration required)
- Target participants: Foreign company, Embassy, Chamber of commerce, etc.
- For further details: JETRO’s website announcement page